Crowns, Inlays and Onlays
- It is normal for your gums to be sore after a crown procedure. Listerine, Tylenol, Ibuprofen, and salt water rinses may be helpful in the healing process. Use as directed.
- Crowns may not feel like your original teeth. The contour and texture is often different. This is normal, and you should get use to the fit and feel in just a few short weeks.
- If anesthetic was used during the cementation of your crown, do not chew anything until the numbness goes away.
- Brush and floss like you normally would unless otherwise instructed in our office.
- Avoid gum or any other sticky food for 24 hours.
- Your new crown may be sensitive to hot, cold, or bite pressure. This usually goes away with time. If sensitivity persists or gets worse, or if your teeth don’t feel like they come together evenly like they did before, call our office immediately because you may need an adjustment.